As your doula I offer support that is adapted to meet your individual needs. I will provide continuous support for you and your family throughout your pregnancy and birth.
Free initial meeting. This gives us a chance to get to know each other a little more, helping you to decide if I am the right doula for you.
We can discuss:
- Your preconceptions about labour and birth
- Any past birth experiences
- Expectations of yourself, your birth partner and/or me
- Any fears or anxieties you may have and how you can overcome these
- Anything you want to chat about
What my birth doula service involves
- Before your birth we will have at least three antennal visits with you to explore and discuss your priorities, concerns and questions you might have.
- Meet with your partner (where applicable) and discuss how to best work together and support you leading up to and during your birth.
- Discuss birth options and create a list of your birth preferences
- If requested accompany you to appointments
- Explore comfort measures to use during pregnancy and labour. We can use massage/rebozo/yoga and other relaxation techniques.
- Breastfeeding information
- Unlimited phone and e-mail support
- Additional visits can be arranged
I will be on call for you 24hrs a day beginning two (2) weeks before your estimated due date up until labor.
- Provide early labor support
- I will remain with you once active labor has begun until delivery.
- I will strive to maintain a calm and peaceful birth environment, whether that be at home, in the hospital or birth centre
- Give you encouragement, reassurance and facilitate the communication between you and the medical staff
- I help with suggestions to help labor progress, relaxation, massage, positioning
- I make sure, that your needs are met
- I will stay with you after delivery, until you are comfortable and your family is ready for quiet time
- Help with initial breastfeeding
- I will visit you within the first week after the birth of your baby to see how you and you baby are doing. We can reflect together of your birth experience and how you are feeling
- I can also give some breastfeeding support if applicable
Birth Package from £700
- Payment plans available to spend the cost
- Options for support if you are on a low income
I would love to hear from you. Please just get in touch if you have any enquires or want to arrange a meet up.
“The moment a child is born
The mother is also born.”
Couples Birth Preparation Session
This is a chance for you and partner to spend some time together preparing for the birth of your baby.
It will be a very relaxed session with lots of opportunity to chat and ask questions.
We will discuss:
- What are your options regarding where you give birth.
- How labour can start and what to look out for.
- Birth positions.
- The stages of labour.
- Breathing techniques.
Specifically for your partners:
- How can I provide support?
- What does that look like?
- Managing my own emotions.
- Interacting with health care professionals.
- Any worries/concerns.
There is no right or wrong way. Every couple will discover what works best for them.
2 1/2 hours – £60
The session usually takes place in your own home.
Creating Your Birth Preferences Session.
One to one session with me to talk through your birth wishes and create a document for you to share with your care providers and birth partner(s).
- Exploring where you would like to give birth and what your options are in each location.
- What you want to happen and what you wish to avoid.
- We discuss your hopes and any concerns you may have about your labour and birth.
- As we journey through each stage of child birth we discuss and write down your preferences.
- I will then create a 1 page document outlining all of your wishes that is personal to you.
All information shared with me is confidential and discussed in a loving and supported way regardless of what kind of birth you are hoping for.
2 hours – £40
Closing the bones.
This is a ceremony given to the post natal women to support her healing body after it has opened to bring her baby into the world. It is a nurturing and enriching experience for all women, regardless of how you give birth.
1 hour – £35