As your doula I offer support that is adapted to meet your individual needs. I will provide continuous support for you and your family throughout your pregnancy and birth.
Free initial meeting. This gives us a chance to get to know each other a little more, helping you to decide if I am the right doula for you.
We can discuss:
- Your preconceptions about labour and birth
- Any past birth experiences
- Expectations of yourself, your birth partner and/or me
- Any fears or anxieties you may have and how you can overcome these
- Anything you want to chat about
What my birth doula service involves
- Before your birth we will have at least three antennal visits with you to explore and discuss your priorities, concerns and questions you might have.
- Meet with your partner (where applicable) and discuss how to best work together and support you leading up to and during your birth.
- Discuss birth options and create a list of your birth preferences
- If requested accompany you to appointments
- Explore comfort measures to use during pregnancy and labour. We can use massage/rebozo/yoga and other relaxation techniques.
- Breastfeeding information
- Unlimited phone and e-mail support
- Additional visits can be arranged
I will be on call for you 24hrs a day beginning two (2) weeks before your estimated due date up until labor.
- Provide early labour support
- I will remain with you once active labour has begun until delivery.
- I will strive to maintain a calm and peaceful birth environment, whether that be at home, in the hospital or birth centre
- Give you encouragement, reassurance and facilitate the communication between you and the medical staff
- I help with suggestions to help labour progress, relaxation, massage, positioning
- I make sure, that your needs are met
- I will stay with you after delivery, until you are comfortable and your family is ready for quiet time
- Help with initial breastfeeding
- I will visit you within the first week after the birth of your baby to see how you and you baby are doing. We can reflect together of your birth experience and how you are feeling
- I can also give some breastfeeding support if applicable
Birth Package from £700
- Payment plans available to spread the cost
- Options for support if you are on a low income
I would love to hear from you. Please just get in touch if you have any enquires or want to arrange a meet up.
“The moment a child is born a mother is born” – Osho